Education Working Party
The Educational Working Party of ESID is formed by the Chairperson and the Steering committee.
ESID Education WP Steering committee:
- Clara Franco Jarava – Hospital Universitario Vall d'Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
- Lisa Ott de Bruin – LUMC, Leiden, The Netherlands
- Peter Olbrich – Virgen del Rocio, Seville, Spain
- Sandra Ammann – CCI, Freiburg, Germany
- Despina Moshous – INSERM, Paris, France
- Manfred Hoenig – Uniklinik, Ulm, Germany
- Emma Morris – University College London, England
- Marta Rizzi - CCI, Freiburg, Germany
Its goal is to offer educational opportunities regarding Primary Immunodeficiencies to any professional starting in the field to enthuse, inform and encourage the next generation of leaders in PID practice and research throughout Europe.
ESID Education WP proposed objectives:
- To ensure an easy and perdurable access to all the ESID educational content
- To promote the organization of Educational activities that rise the awareness of PID in Europe.
ESID Education WP activities:
In the ESID Summer Schools, interactive talks and workshops led by leaders in the field intertwined with social interaction in a pleasant setting are being offered to applicants selected on the basis of their achievements in the field. Feedback received from the Summer Schools has always been extremely positive; participants have found the course to be invaluable.
The Educational Working Party offers support to other meetings and workshops after these have been approved by the ESID Board.
The Educational Working Party awards travel grants to the different meetings organised by ESID such as ESID Biennial meeting or ESID Summer School - information about these travel grants is available through each meeting application platform.
The Educational Working Party awards fellowships to ESID junior members for further experience in the field of PID. The deadlines for 2023 will be 24 April and 23 October.
Become an ESID junior member and enjoy all the opportunities the Educational Working Party has to offer!
Clara Franco Jarava, Chairperson Educational WP