PID Care in Development Working Party
ESID 2nd PID Care in development School
ESID 2nd PID Care in Development School
Location: Hotel Amphora, Split, Croatia
Dates: September 14th-16th 2023
Aim of the school: This school is oriented towards professionals in the need of expanding their knowledge on Primary Immunodeficiencies for their daily work, due to the absence of reference centers for PIDs in their surroundings.
- João Farela Neves, MD, PhD (Primary Immunodeficiencies Unit, Hospital Dona Estefânia, Pediatric University Hospital, Lisbon, Portugal)
- Clara Franco Jarava, PhD (Immunology Department, Hospital Universitari Vall d’Hebron, Barcelona, Spain) - Chair of ESID Education Working Party
- Despina Moshous, MD, PhD (Pediatric immunology, hematology and rheumatology Unit, Hospital Necker, Paris, France).
- Branimir Anić, MD, PhD (Division of Clinical Immunology and Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Zagreb School of Medicine, University Hospital Center Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia)
- Marko Barešić, MD (Division of Clinical Immunology and Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital Center Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia)
- Antonio Marzollo, MD, PhD (Pediatric Hematology, Oncology and Stem Cell Transplant Division, Department of Women's and Children's Health, University Hospital of Padova, Padova, Italy) – Chair of ESID Junior Working party
- Peter Olbrich, MD, PhD (Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Rheumatology and Immunology Unit, Hospital Universitario, Virgen del Rocío, Sevilla, Spain)
- Boris Karanović, MD (Division of Clinical Immunology and Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital Center Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia) ) – Chair of ESID PID Care in Development Working party
- Darija Čubelić, MD (Division of Clinical Immunology and Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital Center Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia)
Programme: the complete programme is available here .
The Society will select 26 ESID Members based on their background, interest in PID and motivation. For successful applicants, ESID will cover accommodation (in a shared double room) and meals. Travel and personal expenses are not covered.
Limited number of travel grants will be available. Please, indicate on the Application form if you would like to apply for a travel grant and complete the related section.
Applications Deadline: June 10, 2023. The applications are now closed.
- Be a current ESID member and active in the membership cycle 2022/2023 or 2023/2024.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personalized letter of support from your Head of Department or similar (please note that we only accept 1 applicant supported per head of department)
- Clinical Case of PID, which you would like to present at the ESID PIDCD School (max. 5 PowerPoint slides in a PDF format).
- Completed Application form, which includes Statement of Career Goals and List of Publications and/or meeting presentations. Please, download the Application form , and add the completed form to your application documents.
Please, send all required documents - CV, Personalized letter of support, Clinical Case of PID and Application form as PDF documents before the deadline to: and CC the email: .