Funding & Awards
ESID 2022 Juniors Bridge Grant - Application Open
Home/ News & Events/ Funding & Awards/ ESID 2022 Juniors Bridge Grant - Application Open
Find all the information you need about the new 2022 ESID bridge grant, exclusively for ESID junior members!
Aim of the grant
ESID wants to invest in the future of researchers and clinicians committed to PIDs. Therefore ESID Bridge Grants aim to allow trainees working on PIDs to continue their activity in the field of PID in their institution or another institution during short periods of time until they can find other financial sources, thus avoiding the interruption of their training process.
- Economical dotation: 1500€/month during a maximum of 6 months.
- Selected applicants will sign an agreement document prior to receiving the first payment. Such agreement document will include the following:
- Granted fellows will have to provide a report at the end of the grant period reflecting the work done during that time.
- Publications derived from the studies on the granted projects must include ESID as a funding source.
- Should the successful applicant accept a non-ESID funded position during this period, any remaining funds will be returned to ESID.
Schedule (calls): Spring Deadline: April 24, 2022. Fall Deadline: October 23, 2022.
- Inclusion criteria:
a) Be an ESID Junior Member (you must be under 35 or between 35 and 40 in training, but age will not be an absolute limit)
b) Be accepted by the current institution or another institution for the proposed training goals on projects directly related to PIDs research (arrangements must be made by the applicant)
- Exclusion criteria:
Applicants with other funding sources will be excluded from the selection process.
Applicants who have never received any other funding from ESID will be prioritized.
Applications have to be sent to with a single PDF file containing the following documents:
(a) a personal letter with a statement of career goals that reflect the involvement of the applicant in the field of PIDs (including a description of grants and funding that has been requested or are intended to be requested in the near future)
(b) a short project plan (explaining what has been done and what will be done in the future)
(c) CV with a list of publications in the field of PID
(d) a letter of support from the applicant’s head of department or supervisor