Juniors Working Party
ESID 2023 Fellowships - Applications Open
Home/ Working Parties/ Juniors Working Party/ Funding & Awards/ ESID 2023 Fellowships - Applications Open
ESID Fellowships are designed to provide financial support to physicians or scientists in training interested in learning diagnostic/therapeutic procedures or lab techniques in the field of Primary Immunodeficiencies.
ELIGIBILITY to apply for ESID fellowships:
- Be an ESID Junior Member
- Be accepted by a hosting institution for the proposed training goals (arrangements must be made by the applicant)
- The fellowship stay must start after the application deadline
Short-term fellowship - EUR 1'500 (plus travel support up to EUR 500)
Each short-term program should last between 1-2 months.
ESID is awarding EUR 1'500€ plus up to EUR 500 as travel support, to be used for the personal expenses of the candidate during laboratory or clinical research work.
100% of the amount will be received at the beginning of the fellowship. Travel costs can be claimed after the completion of the fellowship and approval of the final report from the ESID office.
Medium-term fellowship - EUR 1'000 per month (plus travel support up to EUR 500)
Each fellowship should last at least 3 months up to 6 months. There is a possibility to extend the fellowship (to final amount of 6 months) if needed upon presentation of valid reasons from awardee and his/her mentors.
ESID is awarding EUR 1'000 per month of your stay plus up to EUR 500 as travel support, to be used for the personal expenses of the candidate during laboratory or clinical research work.
50% of the amount will be received in the beginning of the fellowship and the remainder will be paid upon the submission and approval of the final report. Travel costs can be claimed after the completion of the fellowship and approval of the final report from the ESID office
The application should include:
- Application form - please, download the application form here .
- Curriculum Vitae with special highlight on list of publications/meeting communications of PID.
- Letter of invitation from the accepting institution.
- Letter of support from the applicant’s head of department or supervisor. Please, note that a head of department or supervisor can provide a letter of support only to 1 candidate.
Deadline for application: April 24, 2023
Please send your application in a PDF format to: .
Awardees are expected to submit a complete report to ESID within a maximum of 3 months after the end of the program.
Please, find here the ESID End of Fellowship report template , complete it and send it to the ESID office at: .
Please, note that once approved, the report will be published on the ESID website, under the Reports section.