Juniors Working Party
ESID 2020 Junior Talent Award
ESID Junior Talent Award 2020
applications are closed!
ESID Junior Talent Award 2020 applications are closed!
The intention of this award is to grant Juniors who won ESID medium-term fellowships in 2017, 2018 and 2019 the opportunity to share their experiences, projects and results with the ESID community.
This award is envisaged to acknowledge those candidates with the most remarkable achievements as a direct result of their fellowship projects.
Examples for those achievements are (but not limited):
- Presentations at scientific meetings
- Prizes granted by scientific societies
- Establishment of collaborations between different groups or centers
- Clinical/research appointments in reference centers
- On-going clinical or basic research projects with yet unpublished results
Based on your merits the ESID Educational Committee will select up to 3 awardees to present their projects (7 minutes with 3 minutes of discussion) in the plenary ESID Junior Talent session during the ESID 2020 Online Meeting.
As part of the application process, the candidates are asked to to complete and send to ESID Administrative office the following documents:
Applications are open to all ESID mid term fellowship awardees (2017, 2018 and 2019).
All candidates must meet the requirements of being an ESID Junior member in good standing at the time of application.
Applications received will be checked to ensure they fulfill the required eligibility criteria and include all elements.
The ESID educational committee will carefully review the complete and correct applications. Applicants will be informed of the decision as soon as possible once the selection process has finished.
All three selected awardees will receive:
- Award certification
- Complimentary registration fee
- Sponsored travel costs (max 300 EUR) - only relevant for face-to-face meetings
- Accommodation during the meeting - only relevant for face-to-face meetings
- Invitation to the faculty dinner - only relevant for face-to-face meetings
The ESID Junior WP will additionally grant prizes of 300, 200 or 100 EUR, to the Junior candidates based on the merits, innovation and impact of the presented project and the oral presentation at the ESID Junior Fellowship session.
The next call for applications will start early 2022 year in light of the ESID 2022 Meeting in Gothenburg.