Open call for PhD candidates with the IMMERGE project – apply by 3 December!
Apply by 3 December
The IMMERGE project, a Doctoral Network funded by Marie Skłodowska-Curie (MSCA) Actions of the European Commission, coordinated by the Josep Carreras Institute has opened a call to recruit highly motivated PhD candidates to join their network. The call will be closed on December 3rd, 2023.
This is a fantastic opportunity for PhD candidates looking to pursue research in the fields of immunology, genetics, epigenetics, proteomics, single cell omics, bioinformatics, or gene correction in an international environment. Applications can be made via this link: https://immergeproject.eu/apply-now/
Detailed information concerning the application and selection process of the 12 doctoral positions can be found on the program’s website: https://immergeproject.eu
- Scientific scope: To study the impact of Inborn Errors of Immunity on immune cell functions.
- Areas: Immunology, genetics, epigenetics, proteomics, single cell omics, bioinformatics, and gene correction.
- Multidisciplinary approach and international mobility of candidates.
- PhD positions in 10 different host institutions around EU.
- Outstanding tailored training program for all the fellows. which includes secondment periods in the other participating institutions.
- Competitive salary and working conditions.
Criteria for eligibility candidates:
- You must not have a doctoral degree upon recruitment.
- You must comply with the MSCA mobility rule of not having resided or carried out your main activities (work, study, etc.) in the country of the recruiting organisation for more than 12 months within the last 36 years immediately before the recruitment date.
- You must have a master’s degree or its equivalent upon recruitment.
Applications will be centralized through the IMMERGE website. Each applicant may apply for a maximum of 3 individual research projects. Applicants should complete this survey to participate in the selection process.
Initially, the recruitment board will evaluate the following:
- The CV: Academic merit, experience, mobility, and publication track-record (up to 30 points).
- Motivation letter: quality of writing, match of interest, strengths (up to 20 points).
The 3 best candidates for each position will be invited to an online recruitment workshop in January (date to be confirmed) where the final candidates will be selected.
Final evaluation criteria:
- Motivation (20 points).
- Communication skills and compatibility with the group (15 points).
- Scientific knowledge (15 points).
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact .