ESID Summer School 2020
ESID Junior Members are kindly invited to apply for the next ESID Summer School 2020 taking place during 14-17 May, 2020 in Athens, Greece.
14-17 May, 2020
Dolce Attica Riviera, Athens, Greece.
6 January, 2020 12:00 noon (CET).
The faculty will be headed by Despina Moshous, Education Working Party Chair and Clara Franco as the ESID Junior representative.
Accelerate Your Career
If you are inspired by a career in the field of primary immunodeficiencies, whether in the clinic, the lab, or a combination, this will be an excellent opportunity to update your knowledge, hear about the latest diagnostic tools, and learn from leaders in the field who see and manage patients with the whole spectrum of primary immunodeficiency, while also networking and socialising with your colleagues.
The detailed 2020 Summer School programme will be finalized at a later stage but as ESID junior member you will receive regular emails with updates and more detailed information via email and this webpage.
The 2019 Summer School programme and feedback can be viewed here.
Each year the Society selects between 30 and 35 ESID Junior Members (age will not be an absolute limit for the selection of participants which will be done) based on their background, interest in PID and motivation. For successful applicants, ESID will cover accommodation and meals.
Incoming travel and personal expenses are not covered.
The online application procedure is fully automated; applications in any other form are not accepted!
What we need from you is:
• Be a current ESID junior member* and active in the next membership cycle 2020/2021
(Age will not be an absolute limit to be eligible for application; preference will be given to candidates training for PID who have not yet attended a Summer School in Australia/USA/EU)
*If you are not an ESID member, you can become one now!
Click here (Please apply with sufficient time to verify membership. This process can take a few of working days.)
• Curriculum Vitae including a list of publications and/or meeting presentations
• Proof that you hold no permanent position in the field or a declaration by the candidate
• Personalized letter of support from your Head of Department or similar (please note that we only accept 1 applicant supported per head of department)
• Statement of career goals (typewritten, max. 500 words) explaining why attendance at this meeting will benefit your career now and in the future
• Case of PID (or suspected PID) that is educational and not just “tricky” (max. 3 PowerPoint slides)
Suggested case topics:
- Combined PID
- Complex cases
- Treatment enigma
• Complete any 5 cases from the ESID Educational Portal (accessible for members; surname & email required for login)
• A complete application that is submitted before the deadline
(Monday, 6 January, 2020 12:00 noon (CET)). You can submit your application here.