Jobs in PID
Postdoctoral Fellow or a PhD Student
Research Group of Prof. Dr. Bodo Grimbacher
Center for Chronic Immunodeficiency (CCI), Freiburg (Germany)
The group is working on the identification and molecular characterization of inherited defects of the immune system. The methods range from the 'Whole Exome
Sequencing' to 'SNP chip mapping' to Sanger sequencing, qPCR, Northern, Western blotting and genetic correction of the same. Also, studies in mouse models are
increasingly being implemented.
Current projects focus on the molecular characterization of a new genetic defect leading to autoimmunity and antibody deficiency, a new defect of the Hyper-IgE
syndrome, which promises insight into the regulation of the IgE molecule, and the search for defects for chronic mucocutaneous candidiasis. The aim of the group is to
better understand the role of LRBA in the murine system, the genetic and epigenetic regulation of IgE and the etiology and pathogenetic significance of Th17 cells (in the
defense against Candida). For these projects, mouse models will be implemented over the next years.
Another project deals with the monogenic causes of chronic inflammatory bowel disease.
• Independent conduction of a research project in the field of immunodeficiency,
including publication of the data
• Participation in teaching and mentoring students
• Implementation of novel technologies in the group
• Training of scientists in applied methods (Postdoc)
• A PhD (Postdoc position) or an MSc (PhD position) in immunology, genetics or
• Experience and knowledge in a variety of laboratory techniques
• Good computer skills
• Very good English language skills
• Experience in the field of cellular immunology
• Independent and autonomous work
• A motivated and dedicated personality
• Experience in working with mice is desirable
• A laboratory with the latest technology for basic medical research
• Participation in further education and training opportunities in our own training
• Good professional and personal development opportunities
• Accommodation in one of our staff residences if required
The position is available at the earliest possible date in part-time or full-time and limited to 1 year.
However, an extension may be possible.
Please send your application with the usual documents until April 3rd, 2016 to:
Medical Center – University of Freiburg
Center for Chronic Immunodeficiency
at the Center for Translational Cell Research
Breisacher Str. 115