Jobs in PID
Call For a Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, AESOUSA Lab, Lisbon
The AESOUSA laboratory of Human Immunodeficiency & Immune Reconstitution, at Instituto De Medicina Molecular, Lisbon is looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic postdoctoral researcher to join our research team. The postdoctoral research fellow will work closely with the Primary Immunodeficiency Center team that includes physicians and researchers and which primary goal is to improve the assessment and care of patients with genetic defects of the immune system.
Analysis of NGS data from human samples and development of functional assays to validate the role of gene variants in the immune system.
- Identify new genes with relevant roles in immune function and disease
- Define how gene variant interactions modulate oligogenic/polygenic disease phenotypes
- Increase knowledge about pathways relevant for human T-cell development and differentiation
- Contribute to a better understanding of the human immune system from the identification of key-players in pathogen defense and autoimmunity
- PhD in Biology, Biochemistry, Medicine or related areas.
- Previous experience in cell biology and molecular biology is strongly recommended.
- Previous experience in Bioinformatics is a surplus. Immunology background is a significant advantage.
Skills/ competencies required:
- Attention to detail, analytical thinker, team player.
- Comfortable working on multiple projects at one time.
- Strong written and verbal communication in English
- Strong scientific writing skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to proactively identify and improve projects.
Duration of Fellowship: twelve months on an exclusive basis, possibly renewable, not exceeding the eligible period of the project (3 years).
Law and Regulation: Estatuto do Bolseiro de Investigação (Lei n.o 40/2004, de 18 de Agosto, republished in attachment to Decreto-Lei n.o 202/2012, de 27 de Agosto), Regulation of Fellowships of Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia (https://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/docs/RegulamentoBolsasFCT2015.pdf), Career By-Law and Assessement Regulation of iMM Lisboa. disease, nationality, ethnic origin or race, place of origin, language, religion, political or ideological convictions and trade union membership.
Contact for detailed information:
Ana E Sousa, MD, PhD –